Integrative veterinary medicine is a system that diagnoses and treats disease in the context of the whole pet patient. This includes their state of health, nutrition, the presence of other diseases, and their environment.
Conventional medicine is generally accepted, Western medicine, backed by vigorous, peer-reviewed scientific research. Alternative medicine is everything else, including therapies or diagnostic techniques that are not part of the current Western health care system.
When veterinarians like Dr. Falck integrate Conventional and Alternative Medicine, the result is a wide variety of health options for each patient. These include acupuncture, botanical medicine, chiropractic, homeopathy, massage therapy, physical therapy as well as conventional medicine, surgery and dentistry.
Principles of integrative medicine include:
- Fostering a practitioner-patient partnership
- Consideration of body, mind and spirit
- Conventional & alternative methods facilitate the body’s innate healing
- Recognition that good medicine is based in good science, with an open mind regarding new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
Use of the broader concepts of prevention of illness as well as treatment of disease
- Veterinarians and staff members utilize an integrative approach for themselves & their pet companions
Why not choose an integrative veterinarian like Dr. Falck for your pet companion?